Location: Printworks, Canada Water, SE16 (May ‘21); new warehouse space in South-East London (June ‘21 onwards)
Type: Full-time May and June ’21; Part-time from July ’21 onwards
Salary: £11 p/hour (8 hrs p/day incl. lunch break)
No of Days: 5-days per week during May & June ’21, 3-days p/week July ‘21 onwards
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
Duration: Early to mid-May 2021
Since its foundation in 2012 The New Craftsmen, has built a business to represent 100 makers and their collections across various channels, audiences and markets. Now a globally recognised brand, with much experience and expertise in harnessing the craft landscape for the high-end luxury sphere, our business focuses on delivering a highly distinctive product and service offer for crafted interiors.
From the moment an order is placed to when it is received by a client - the warehouse is responsible for receiving, picking, packing and shipping parcels - and is an intrinsic part of our customer service and brand experience. You’ll be expected to work to the highest standards to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations; translating our brand and its values into the wrapping and packing experience.
Therefore, an appreciation for the value and delicacy of our crafted collections, is absolutely essential; following instructions and guidelines for how to protect, wrap different pieces, shapes, and materials to ensure their safety and care in transit.
As a company we are also entering an exciting phase of our warehouse development, moving to a new and bigger site that will support the growth of the business for the long-term. You will be a key individual in the process of this move; working together with the Warehouse Manager to safely pack and move all our products and assets stored at our current warehouse space, and the setting up of a functioning and effective warehouse site established with the processes and pride that will carry us into the future.
As such, to ensure the transition to the new space is as smooth as possible, this role begins as a fulltime role for May and June ‘21. Once the new warehouse space is set-up and fully operational, the role reduces to 3-days a week to execute key business-as-usual tasks for order dispatch and warehouse maintenance.
This is an exciting opportunity for an operationally minded individual eager to gain valuable handson experience in a warehouse space and logistical planning.
- During May and June, your main focus is to support on all aspects of the transition to a new warehouse space from the wrapping and protection of all products and goods for the move (by end of May) and the set-up of the new warehouse space including storage systems and the unpacking of goods
- Day to day, you are supporting on picking orders to get them ready for wrap and pack; ensuring a high level of quality and productivity; and if needed, collecting pieces from our showroom in Mayfair to fulfil orders or press requests for photoshoots
- Careful handling of a broad range of pieces and collections from our makers across different sizes, weights and materialities
- Following our internal Quality Control processes for all products before dispatch
- Understanding and applying specific packaging and care instructions for different categories and materials of our makers’ collections
- Wrapping and packing orders for clients in line with our brand guidelines and (when relevant) our gift wrapping service
- Helping to update our internal Warehouse Management platform in a timely fashion with the most current status of an order
- Supporting on providing the necessary information to schedule shipping partners and couriers
- Accurately labelling orders for local and international dispatch
- Helping the Warehouse Manager efficiently and effectively receive and store in-bound goods following internal processes and procedures
- Supporting on the overall tidiness of the warehouse and the care of our makers’ collections within it
A strong work ethic and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
A team player and good communicator
Strong accuracy and attention to detail, as well as a pride in the standards of ones own work
A strong sense of responsibility and care for handcrafted pieces and collections
A commitment to outstanding customer service to help deliver an exceptional customer experience in line with our brand values
The New Craftsmen curates, commissions and sells unique contemporary objects that are rooted in craftsmanship and narrative. Spanning furniture, lighting, textiles, gifts, ceramics and decorative accessories, our range is made by a network of over 100 makers across the British Isles.
We collaborate with our makers to refine and redefine the value of craft. We do this by develop-ing exclusive collections that are available through our Mayfair space and online, by inviting leading talent of the craft world to develop bodies of work for shows and exhibitions, and by overseeing bespoke commissions.
Our ambition is to meet the growing appetite for contemporary craft and design, and in doing so transform the market place for craft internationally.
Please send a copy of your CV and a single page covering letter expressing your interest and why you might be suitable for the position to Fenella Henderson: [email protected].Due to the urgency of this recruitment, all applications must be received by Friday 30th April.
We welcome applications from talented candidates. If you feel you have the skills and experience to enhance The New Craftsmen team please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected].